Friday 2 October 2015

The physics of it all

I should not feel disappointed nor hard done by, but nonetheless the scales are teaching me a hard lesson. 

After 10 days of eating in a relaxed manner, gaining weight and allowing more and more of the surrounding cakes and goodies into my diet, I jumped back onto the wagon 2 days ago. 

Two whole days. 48 hours. 

And since then I have been rewarded with a weight loss of absolutely zero. 

My sensible self tells whispers that I'm lucky to have stopped gaining and of course there follows a stabilising pause before the trend will reverse. But still, I expected to see something after my recent effort. 

Not so. The science of mass states that what goes in must be burnt off, or weight will be gained. We must constantly run to stand still on the scales and that is why maintenance of any weight loss is sooo damned difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment