Friday 21 August 2015

Always Learning

It would appear every day IS a school day:here's what I've learnt today


Any degree of hangover makes it impossible for me to stick to the confines of a healthy diet plan.
I've only drank alcohol occasionally lately and have noticed I am less inclined to evening munchies on nights when i don't drink and also the day after, when I have no hangover.
I think, without alcohol the night before, my mood is more positive. I feel more motivated and that I will be able to follow my plan. 
When I regularly had a glass or two of wine most nights, even when not overtly hungover the following day, I felt a bit more at the mercy of the black dog (or black clouds or whatever) and all the associated negativity. In my book, any negativity always finds an 'out' through that which I eat and it's never an overindulgence in veg or salad!
I'm going to continue with little or no alcohol for a while in a bid to minimise these consequences. Keeping the weight off and the diet on is hard enough without the added challenge of calorific wine and ruinous hangovers.

After 43 years, I'm learning more about what works for me, how to make it happen and keep it happening. This IS new. Maybe I'm growing up at last! Just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment