Friday 14 August 2015

Portion Control

The 'dieting mojo' and being 'in the zone' are such tenuous entities; they seem to come and go at will and before you can say 'I've had a great dieting day', you find yourself face first in the biscuit cupboard with a binge descending around you. 


I have noted one of my triggers to binge in the past is being overly full and this was the case last night. I was too full with too much baked potato and too much quorn and bean casserole. It was calorie counted and balanced but was much too large a portion. Why this over eating should trigger more over eating I do not know. All I know is that when I start, I cannot stop. I feel I am missing an 'off' switch.

The lesson here is portion control. No matter what the food. Over eating is not a kind thing to do to yourself: it makes me feel awful physically and mentally as my frame of mind turns against me too. Portion control. Will try to remember that this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment